SpatiaLite is the spatial extension to SQLite, the lightweight and efficient embedded database. SpatiaLite, not being a client/server database, is also a GIS data storage format, and the basis for the OGC GeoPackage specification. It is a versatile, light and efficient way to store and manipulate spatial data.
This training session will help you get your hands on SpatiaLite. You will see the interest in using it, as well as pros and cons. You will learn how to integrate this database into your applications and your GIS architecture.
- Understand SpatiaLite characteristics, pros and cons
- Be able to install, configure, use and administrate this spatial RDBMS
- Know the API and the way to integrate this tool into your applications
- Have a clear vision on how to use this spatial RDBMS in your IT infrastructure
- SQLite and Spatialite presentation
- International standards, OGC SFS (Simple Feature for SQL)
- Installation and compilation
- Data import/export
- Main spatial features
- Spatial Index
- Programming API and integration into C/C++ or Python applications
- Data visualization with SpatiaLite GIS and QGIS
- Raster management with RasterLite
- Focus on performances
- Main administration tasks
embedded spatial database
Contact us for on-site trainings (dates are flexible to your needs).