Mappy designs, develops and distributes support services and incentive travel – maps, directions, local search – on the web and mobile. The company also offers its APIs for businesses and developers.
Oslandia has been mandated to assist in steering and redesigning the entire chain of vector data treatment and aspects of the open source migration of its mapping platform.
- Previously using Oracle and Oracle Spatial, Oslandia actively participated in the initial study to assess the costs and the migration strategy to open source software.
- Team training on Open Source community, software, licence, etc..
- Intervention on algorithmic optimization issues of routing service.
- Migration of data production workflow (PostgreSQ/PostGIS and SQL /python)
- Route engine based on a graph stored in PostgreSQL/PostGIS
- Development of “Contraction Hierarchies” in Tempus